Campari shows strong growth

04 August, 2010

Gruppo Campari has unveiled robust results for the first half of 2010 with sales up 16.7% to €515.7 million and net profits up 15% to €69.3m.

The company says it benefited from “very good consumption momentum across key brand and market combinations”, the consolidation of the Wild Turkey bourbon acquisition and an “easy comparison” with the same period last year which was in the throes of the credit crunch and destocking in the trade.

Sales of spirits (76.9% of total sales) grew by 24% while wine (11.5% of total sales) fell by 1.3%. Campari was up 10% (at constant exchange rates) and Aperol up 34%. Cinzano sparkling wines increased by 3.8% and the vermouth by 5.2% at constant exchange rates.

As to regions, it grew by 2.2% in its home territory (Italy is 39.6% of total group sales). Europe, excluding Italy, increased by nearly 12%; the Americas (34% of total sales) by 46% (Brazil; organic slaes grew by 61.3%) and the rest of the world (including duty free which accounts for 5.4% of total sales) grew by 9.6%

Digital Edition

Drinks International digital edition is available ahead of the printed magazine. Don’t miss out, make sure you subscribe today to access the digital edition and all archived editions of Drinks International as part of your subscription.


Tess Posthumus

Staffing crisis could open opportunities

The pandemic has thrown many challenges at bar owners over the past couple of years and the ones that survived the various lockdowns and restrictions deserve a pat on the back. However, while revenues are returning and bars are beginning to recruit once more, we’ve come up against a whole new set of problems, one of which is a global starring crisis.