South America’s largest wine company says the decision follows a record year for the top selling Chilean wine brand in which sales “have significantly exceeded all expectations”.
CyT UK commercial director Clare Griffiths said: “Our sponsorship of Sky Movies provides year round access to the right audience in the right frame of mind and in a context that brings our ‘legendary’ positioning to life. Working in true partnership with Sky, we have been able to harness the UK’s passion for film and wine to drive stand out and market share during key category sales windows.
“The association has also helped us work with our key customers to drive value sales and has become a key pillar in the in-store occasion-based marketing calendar. The resulting increases in both brand health and rate of sale have significantly exceeded all expectations,” said Griffiths.
Casillero del Diablo’s claims:
• Casillero del Diablo is now a £100m brand (IRI total off trade, 52 weeks ending January 2, 2016);
• UK’s No. 1 Chilean wine brand
• UK’s 4th largest wine brand, and the fastest growing top 10 UK Brand (IRI total off trade, 4 weeks ending January 2);
• Record Household Penetration of 6.6%;
• Brand awareness is up 16% (from 56% to 65%, source: Wine Intelligence 2015);
• Top of mind awareness for CDD is increasing, moving the brand from 5th to 2nd for sponsorship and advertising awareness (source: Sponsorship Effectiveness Study, Future Thinking, Nov 2015).
CyT says Casillero sales hit record heights in the four weeks over Christmas, with +£4.3 million in retail sales value generated, versus the same period in 2014. Sales for Casillero del Diablo in 2016 continue to show extremely positive growth. It is now a £100 million brand in retail terms.