Lodge, who was the deputy editor of The Spirits Business, died of a brain haemorrhage last year - he was 29.
It was no secret that his favourite dram was Ardbeg and the Islay whisky brand, owned by The Glenmorangie Company, is sponsoring the group in their attempt to complete the Islay Half Marathon.
More than 20 runners – with, it has to be said, varying levels of experience and fitness – have signed up and trained hard since January in order to compete on August 3 to raise money for The National Brain Appeal.
The aim is to raise £3,000 for the charity and, though the target is close, any donations at this late stage would be gratefully received. Please visit the virgin Money Fundraising page at: www.virginmoneygiving.com/team/TheArdbegHalfMarathon_AlanLodge
• Lucy Britner, freelance drinks writer
• Laura Foster, Imbibe
• Joel Harrison, caskstrength.com
• Chris Losh, editor, Imbibe
• Becky Paskin, deputy editor, The Spirits Business
• Sandrae Lawrence, Cocktail Lovers
• Richard Siddle, editor, Harpers
• Hamish Smith, deputy editor, Drinks International
• Olly Wehring, editor, just-drinks.com
• Richard Woodard, freelance drinks writer
• Marcin Miller, Quercus Communications