The blast originated from an electrics cabinet that ignited after being discovered by a member of cleaning staff in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
The fire was contained to the front part of the 360 people capacity bar by emergency services and no one was injured.
Andrew Nicholls, Dvars co-owner said: “Pretty much everything in the front part of the bar has been destroyed by the flames.”
The rest of the bar has sustained severe smoke and radiation damage.
“The smell is horrible. The floor, ceiling, walls, furniture… pretty much everything will need to be replaced,” Nicholls added.
“The response from the local and international drinks industry has been humbling. It’s made me even more proud to be a part of such a great group of people. I would never have expected the support we have been given. Our regular guests have been just as supportive and our neighbours have been remarkably understanding, offering to help wherever they can.”