27 August, 2008
- Palandri Wines, the Margaret River winery, has appointed Svarog JSC as it s importing agent for Russia.
- Formula One world champion Michael Schumacher is to become Bacardi's global social responsibility ambassador, starting in January with a "don't drink and drive" message.
- Constellation Europe has invested £3 million in a pre-Christmas marketing campaign for its Californian wine brand Robert Mondavi.
- Grosvenor House saw the end of an era when the London hotel's barman Joe Creighton retired after 42 years service.
- Moreno Wines has been appointed the exclusive UK agent for Italian Prosecco producer Mionetto.
- Benromach has produced Latitude 53º , a single cask bottling of its Speyside single malt whisky, to commemorate its partnership with the Clipper 07-08 Round the World Yacht Race. Visitors to the benromach.com website can win a bottle by guessing how long the 'Glasgow: Scotland With Style' clipper will take to complete the journey.
- The Patrón Spirits Company has finalised a partnership with Prague-based Kratochvílovci to distribute Patrón tequila and Pyrat rum in the Czech Republic.
- Carlsberg has entered into a joint venture with state-owned Hanoi Beer & Beverage Corporation (Habeco) to build a brewery in souther Vietnam. Carlsberg and Habeco will each hold a 29 per cent stake.