27 August, 2008
- Duty-free distributor Haleybrooke International has struck a deal with Cognac Louis Royer to distribute Gold Flakes Supreme vodka in the Americas and other selected duty-free markets. The four-times distilled, US$55 French vodka, which contains 24- carat gold flakes, is launching simultaneously on the US domestic market.
- Distilleria Bottega is to distribute two new Italian wine brands in duty-free in addition to its own range of grappas, liqueurs , sparkling wines, Cantine Al Bano Carrisi from Apulia and Lombardy-based Fratelli Berlucchi.
- Heineken duty-free and travel retail global account manager airports, Melvin Broekaart, has left the company.
- Erstwhile director of travel retail at Whyte & Mackay, Andy Lane, has been been given the same position at Ian Macleod Distillers. Lane had been working with Ian Macleod for the past six months as a freelance consultant to help shape the company's new travel-retail strategy.
- The Glenrothes has launched a super-premium travel-retail exclusive reference. The Glenrothes 25 Year Old will be available at leading duty-free retailers priced at £180 per 70cl bottle. Only 2,400 bottles have been released.
- Balblair Highland Single Malt Whisky has introduced a 1986 vintage exclusively for travel retail. Matured in American oak ex-bourbon casks this unchill-filtered malt is available in limited quantities. Rrp £55 for 1-litre duty-free.