27 August, 2008
- Rémy Cointreau USA has signed an agreement to import wines from Tuscan producer Barone Ricasoli, based near Siena in the Chianti Classico denomination.
- Tennessee Police have found 2,400 bottles of Jack Daniel's whiskey hidden in storage houses, including one bottle dating back to 1914 - thought to be worth up to US$10,000. The stash has been valued at US$1 million.
- Australian family-owned winery Yalumba is the Australia and New Zealand winner of the International Green Apple Award for environmental best practice.
- McWilliam's Wines is to take over Australian winemaker Evans & Tate's Margaret River business, which went into receivership in August. McWilliam's has been distributing the company's wine brands, including Margaret River Classic, Gnangara and X&Y, while bids were considered .
- Russian vodka producer, Synergy has announced its intention to float on the Russian stock market. The company, whose brands include Beluga and Russian Ice is planning an initial public offering to raise funds to develop existing spirits brands and make further acquisitions .
- Pernod Ricard Italia is to sell its Canei semi-sparkling wine brand to distributor Baarsma Wine Group Holding so it can "concentrate on brands in its portfolio". Pernod Ricard Italia will continue to produce the wine in Canelli, Piedmont, while BWGH will distribute Canei worldwide through its company Winetracks International.